Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Quick Comic Reviews - Fairest Volume 3: The Return of the Maharaja

As nice as it was to see the return of a certain Fables character, it struck me as a bit odd that it occurred in the Fairest series, which I thought was created to tell more stories of the female Fables. He does share the story with Nalayani so there's that. I would say this is an okay Fables book. It's a good enough story and told in an engaging way while I felt the art wasn't exactly the strongest (panels and the panel to panel transfers not really telling the story effectively or certain panels not really seeming to match the dialogue as well as it could) but it was okay. Overall, it's probably a must read for Fables fans but not really a stand out book that I'd recommend to non-fans.

No comments: