Thursday, February 25, 2010

Asterios Polyp review

So yes, I continue to pick up books that people seem to be putting high in their "comics of the past year" lists. "Asterios Polyp" was one that seemed to be popping up a lot so I decided to give it a look. Here's my quick review of it.

One of the best books I've read in a while. And I've been reading some good books lately. Yes, I suppose that I may be basing this slightly on the fact that I love the comic medium and this book really illustrates a wide range of things you can do in that medium and I just loved seeing that done with a story I could enjoy. It's really a great story of interesting characters told amazingly well. Normally I don't read books twice or if I do there's a large gap between readings. This one I plan to start reading again this evening just to absorb more of the work and see details in the story and art that I may have missed the first time.

Now I know this book won't work for everyone. Not everyone will enjoy reading a book like this but I absolutely loved it.

So that's it. I may or may not make it to the comic store tonight. I don't think I have any books this week anyways so this may be my one review of the week. But we'll see.

No comments: