Monday, February 08, 2010

Extra Reviews

Two things I did over the weekend were watch the Planet Hulk DVD and read "Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter" by Darwyn Cooke. So why not do a couple quick reviews.

Planet Hulk -- This movie jumps right in to the middle of things which I was a little surprised at but does someone who hasn't read the books really need to know more than "You're a danger, we're sending you off planet, Nuff said"? It does tweak a few things, dropping stuff here and there and picking up a few new things. But in general it does stick nicely to the original storyline. The animation is good, the story is good, and I enjoyed it. Non-Hulk fans may be wondering who this green talking guy is but I liked that they at least left him intelligent. I'd say it's worth checking out.

"Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter" by Darwyn Cooke -- I've really enjoyed some of Darwyn Cooke's other works and I've heard quite a bit of positive feedback on this one so I decided to give it a try. I wasn't disappointed. Cooke really has a lot of talent to adapt his art and storytelling to different genres. The story is interesting with enough twists and turns to keep your interest. I really enjoyed this so I'll most likely be looking to pick up the next volume. It may not be for everyone though, I do have to say that.

And that's it for now. :)

No comments: