Thursday, January 14, 2010

Image's $1 books

In regards to Image selling some first issues for $1, at first I thought it was interesting and saw one or two I might be interested in checking out. But then I thought "You know, I'd rather them just put these first issues online." I'm not going all "environmental" or anything but I really don't need a physical copy of a book that I may or may not be interested in. I could pick it up and recycle it I suppose but there's still an environment cost to that. And reading the first books online is how I got started on Invincible after all (they posted them legally, I didn't steal). I know this promotion is tied in with the Free Comic Day and aims at getting people into the stores so in terms of that aim, putting them online would be the exact opposite but for me, it would work in maybe getting me interested in picking up a new series.

So in the end, I probably won't ask my store to order me any though if I'm having a slow week I may crack and grab one or two from the shelf.

But I know, I'm already going into the store regularly and buying books (at least for the time being) so I'm not really the target audience for this promotion either.

No comments: