Friday, January 22, 2010

Weekly Comic Reviews for January 20, 2010

A whopping one book came out for me this week. Though that appears to be one more than next week. And with my usual Zuda reads either ending or taking a break it seems like I'm hitting a lull in comic reading.

Incredible Hulk #606 -- First up, I usually like Paul Pelletier's art but he, and the rest of the art team, really knocked this one out of the park. Absolutely beautiful art while not sacrificing storytelling. In terms of the story, I often seem to have mixed feelings of Pak's work. I like his stories and in the end, I find them satisfying. But in terms of the issues I often feel like I'm playing catch up or missing something as things seem to jump around. Sometimes this can work, but not in every story. As Banner jumps around in this issue I felt that way. In the end there was some cool stuff but some confusing moments. It gets the Fall of the Hulks storyline off to an interesting start. I won't be collecting all of the Fall of the Hulks (at least not the Red Hulk or the Jeph Loeb Hulk series) so we'll see how that goes for me. This book was good though and I'm curious to see where things go.

No comments: