Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Few Tidbits...

I don't think I have any books coming out this week. That usually means I'll end up spending more money buying TPBs. :) So few tidbits...

I'm nearly caught up on Powers, I recently finished volume 10 (volume 11 is out and 12 is coming out shortly). I've been enjoying this series quite a bit but I'm a little uneasy at the direction the story seems to be taking. Though I'm hoping the writing will get me through it. One thing I'm kinda noticing is that with Oeming liking the 2 page spreads I sometimes get a bit lost if I don't notice the panels spreading over the break or the letter balloons falling right in the middle because I don't crack open the TPB far enough (don't want to break the spine). But that's just me I think. :)

I also picked up the Joker by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo. It was an interesting story with a unique look artistically. For Batman fans who can't get enough Joker I'd definitely recommend it.

In terms of Zuda comics, I'm still reading my usuals (High Moon and Bayou) and the new chapter of Celadore started and it looks good. I'm also curious to see where "I Rule the Night" is going. I haven't got through all the latest competition entries but some look very nice, I just hope some of the writing is of the same level of quality.

1 comment:

David Gallaher said...

I love keeping up with what you are paying attention to in terms of comics.