Thursday, March 29, 2007

My latest toy

Last Friday I ordered my Wacom Tablet and I received a notice on Tuesday that it was waiting for me at the mall so I decided to swing by on the way home from work yesterday to pick it up. The store decided to ship it in a huge box. And by huge I mean a couple feet long, at least a foot wide, and at least a foot deep. Keep in mind, this is for a tablet that measures under 11 inches in length and width and less than 1 inch in height. Obviously, it's packaging is bigger than that but still, I was not expecting such a huge box. But I guess I should be happy that it was well protected for the shipping.

So after lugging it home (the box was light as a feather which meant the two inconveniences were its size and the wind blowing it around) I really wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately, Wednesday nights are ball hockey nights so I didn't have the time to hook it up before heading out. I did set it up when I got home from hockey but just barely had time to play around with it before I had to head off to bed. It's going to take a lot of getting used to and practise I think. And I'll have to figure out a process that works best for me. But I'm eager to see what I can do with it. Hopefully I'll have some free time this weekend.

So why am I posting this considering I haven't really accomplished anything with it? Slow work day I guess. :)

Oh yeah, comic reviews will be delayed this week to accomodate going out for my sister-in-law's birthday.

No comments: