Sunday, October 06, 2013

Quick Comic Reviews - Indestructible Hulk and Rachel Rising

My "to be read" piles are completely out of control. I know I've said that before but it's getting crazy. Once I'm done with "A Storm of Swords" I need to concentrate on making a dent in the pile.

The Incredible Hulk Vol. 2: Gods and Monsters - As much as I think Waid's run on the Hulk has been good this volume didn't really hit a home run with me. The Simonson/Thor story was good but some parts just didn't work all that well for me, whether it was the writing/dialogue or the art. The Daredevil story seemed a bit better to me. So overall I'm still enjoying the series, I'm just not putting it at the top of my Hulk runs just yet.

Rachel Rising Vol. 3: Cemetery Songs - It seems like it's been a while since I read Volume 2 (which was actually back in March), I had a tough time remembering what happened prior to this volume (I was a little disappointed with no recap page, I like those things). But this volume is another strong story. Again, I couldn't put it down and when I got the end, wow! Can't wait for volume 4 now. Definitely a recommended read.

No comments: