Friday, November 07, 2008

Weekly Comic Reviews for November 5th, 2008

PSYCHE!!! Another week of no new comics for me. I know, it's getting really sad that I have this blog yet I don't seem to even be buying comics anymore. Though I am still buying TPBs and I really should be reviewing some of those. But for today I'll just have to find other stuff to talk about...

First up we have the shake up on Heroes with Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander being released from the writing and executive producing duties. My opinion, they need to change things up, at least for me. Although this season has been a step up from last season (which I thought was a mess) I still find it lacking in comparison to the first season. Though there have been some great portions to it (I kinda like Parkman's initial storyline and his relationship with the speedster, Noah's interaction with Sylar, Hiro and Ando's initial stuff, and a few other things) I find myself disliking the main storyline with the Petrelli's and the battle of the companies. I liked how in the initial season every character was important and had a role to play. Now, it seems if you aren't one of the uber-powers (especially the mind-control or power stealing/borrowing ones) you just don't have a place. I really do hope things turn around though.

Zuda celebrated it's one year anniversary a short while ago. Things seem to be going well over there and I'm happy about that. It's a great platform for new talent to get their work out there and to attract readers to some different book ideas.

Hmm... I know there was more I wanted to talk about but it's not coming to me at the moment. And now I have to get back to work. Oh well, I can always post again later.

No comments: