Thursday, August 29, 2013

Is it a sign?

I've been thinking a lot lately that I should probably bring the Bluenoser to a close or just flat out stop doing it (or maybe leave it on an open ended hiatus). It's extremely time consuming, the only readers I have are a few people on DrunkDuck, and I don't have the confidence/talent to really do much with it. And now with DrunkDuck down for the last week and a half nobody is reading it. So beyond personal improvement, there's really no point and with no feedback it's even harder to improve. And I really haven't had the free time as of late to work on it.

So I guess I have to figure out what I'm going to do. Continue or just bring my webcomic creating to a close. And if I do close it down, do I have wrap it up now (throwing away the story ideas I had) or just leave it unfinished.

Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Walter Ostlie said...

I feel your pain, man. I go through the same emotions all the time. Am I wasting my time, is it worth all the self doubt and physical exertion?

I did have to take a step back and take a break. I took a break after I finished Cubicles graphic. I took another break after 2 chapters of Shiver Bureau.

I would say, don't say anything too drastic and just take a step back. If you are more happy not doing the comic during the hiatus, then maybe stay on hiatus forever.

On the other hand, if you continue to think about your stories and are itching to draw, then maybe start them up again and draw them for yourself.

Don't worry about feedback or praise. You know what you need to do better and you know you can improve, but it is more import just to 'do' then to get better.

anyways, hiatus is fun. its like a vacation!