Friday, February 06, 2009

New York Comic-Con

So the New York Comic-Con starts today and I'll be missing it again this year. Every year it seems to be the same story for me, I talk the talk but don't walk the walk. But I still have a mission to experience the New York Comic-Con at least once.

So what would I have done had I gone? Or perhaps that should be "what would I have HOPED to have done had I gone" considering how busy these things are. I would have liked to try and meet Richard Starkings of Elephantmen, I've been blown away by that series since it started so that would have been cool. Then there's David Gallaher, Steve Ellis, and several others at the Zuda panel. I probably also would have checked to see if anyone from DrunkDuck would be going and maybe meet up with them.

Aside from that, I'd probably just play it by ear. See if I could get a sketch (of the Hulk of course) or two from artists selling sketches, get something Hulk oriented signed by Peter David, attend an educational panel or two if I'm able to, and just soak in the geek atmosphere. I wouldn't even try for the main Marvel, DC, or Image panels, not only would I not get in but they aren't really appealing to me at the moment.

Yeah, it's probably a stupid thing not to go in with more of a plan but I think I'd enjoy it anyways.

So for those attending New York Comic-Con, I hope you have a good time. And feel free to let me know how it goes for you, good or bad, so I can live vicariously through you. :)

No comments: