Friday, April 03, 2009

Weekly Comic Reviews for April 1st, 2009

I only picked up one book this week so this shouldn't take long. :)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #24 -- We have a Faith one shot here with her following through on her decision to help the slayers who have nobody to help them, she quickly learns about the "Slayer Sanctuary" and the action quickly picks up. Overall I thought this was a pretty good issue though it felt a little choppy at parts (more so in the beginning I think where things just seem to quickly fall into place in order to get Faith and Giles from point A to point B). Overall the story may feel a little "done before" but we do get to see a few character moments for Faith and the new slayer. So I enjoyed it but it didn't necessarily blow me away.

On the webcomic front, the latest update for Bayou contains some incredibly beautiful art and I really love this series. And I finally read through the Night Owls, and it really is well done. Sometimes the jokes or characters seem like something I've seem several times before but it's written intelligently enough to bring a new twist to it. So I'll be keeping an eye on that one as well.

And that's it for this week's reviews. Anything I missed?

No comments: