Monday, February 15, 2010

More Reviews

I polished off two more books while watching some of the Olympics. So let's have some quick reviews shall we...

Blankets -- A beautifully illustrated very touching story. I'd put this one in my highly recommended/possible must-read stack of books. One of the best books I've read in quite a while, and I've been reading some really good books (in my opinion).

The Great Fables Crossover -- I wasn't sure how I felt about the Literals and such, and in a way, I still don't. But I still really enjoyed this story. The characters are all great, the story is interesting, and it's all written and drawn very well. I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed the ending, usually I feel a bit of disappointment but not here. Fables and Jack of Fables continue to be on my recommended reading list.

And that's all I can afford at the moment as it's back to work for me. Currently sitting on top of my "To Be Read" pile: Asterios Polyp.

No comments: