Thursday, March 07, 2013

Quick Comic Reviews - Rachel Rising Volumes 1 and 2

It's been a bit of a weird day.

Rachel Rising Volumes 1 and 2 -- When I was buying these books the woman working at the cash said it was a great series and really creepy. Since it's Terry Moore I figured it was great but I sort of brushed aside the "creepy" comment. Not that it would have changed my mind but yeah, it's creepy. And, other than some balloon placements that I felt were a bit questionable, it's darn near perfect storytelling. It's an excellent story, great characters, and well told in terms of the writing and art. Yeah, it's a little on the dark side (we're talking some violence and icky-ness, not gore for gore's sake) so maybe not for everyone but still, a really great series. I couldn't put them down and now I can't wait for volume 3. Definitely on my recommended reading list (for the fans of the slightly darker stories).

No comments: