Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Stupid stupid stupid me

So I've been telling myself that I really need to get the Bluenoser pages done quicker. I keep saying that I need to back off from the 9-10 panel pages, maybe simplify the artwork some more, or do something so they don't take me so long to do. Then I come up to volume 2, part 2, page 5 and I see it's only 6 panels in my script. I pat myself on the back and say let's get to drawing. But then I second guess myself, I think I need to extend the dialogue, add some more fighting, and "fix" a couple other things. But I still have it down to 9 panels so that doesn't seem so bad. Then I really get down to laying it out (just basic stick figure stuff) and... It's now 14 panels:
Fortunately, it's more action and dialogue and I can probably get away with a minimum of background work. But still, someone smack me upside the head.

I also read the digital exclusive Atomic Robo that was given out at ECCC and went on sale today. It was pretty interesting to read it online, some of the digital tricks/technique worked for me, some didn't. But I think these things need to be tried out at some point so we might as well get to it.

No comments: