Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Non-Comic Annoyances

Just have to complain a little.

Going back to public transportation, I just had to shake my head at the two young women who got upset at the bus driver for asking them to move further back to allow a woman in a wheelchair on to the bus. Moving back to allow people on should be common courtesy, getting upset because you're asked to do it to allow a person in a wheelchair on is just stupid.

And I've been hearing radio commercials for a restaurant advertising their "date night" special. What bothers me about it are the stats that are being thrown around. The first claim is that a very high percentage of women prefer to have the man pay for dinner. The second claim is that a VERY high percentage of women find men with a lof of money sexier (which seems kinda funny when you're advertising how they can save money on their date). I can't even really put my finger on why the ad irritates me so much, possibly it's just that they seem to be pushing the idea that you'll fail at dating until you have lots of money that you spend on your date, but it makes me want to avoid the place. Or maybe I just need to lighten up.

No comments: